When We Are Closed
When the Surgery is closed, please ring 247029 as usual and you will be automatically transferred to the emergency medical service (Northern Doctors) who will contact the doctor on-call.
Between the hours of 6pm - 8am weekdays and throughout the weekend you can ring the NHS 111
In the case of urgent need when the practice is closed you can call NHS Direct 111 to speak to a triage nurse. Your needs will be assessed and advice offered or arrangements made for you to see a doctor.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
What to do when the GP practice is closed:
- If you need medical help fast but it’s not an emergency call 111
- If it’s a life-threatening emergency call 999
NHS 111 is the number to call when you need medical help fast but it’s not a life-threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are FREE from landlines and mobiles
- NHS 111 is available 24/7, every day of the year
When to call 111
You should call 111 when:
- you think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service
- your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- you don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to call 999
Call 999 for life threatening emergencies such as:
- Major accident or trauma
- Severe breathlessness
- Severe bleeding
- Loss of consciousness
- Severe chest pain.
During normal practice opening hours, the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.